3/4 cup white sugar
2 tbs all – purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups sliced Ontario peaches
1 cup Ontario strawberries
1 unbaked 10″ pie crust
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 oz butter, softened
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Whisk together the 3/4 cup sugar, 2tbs flour and salt. Beat in the sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir in the sliced peaches. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
3. Bake for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking until the filling is set, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
5. Stir together the 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix in the butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the pie.
6. Return the pie to the preheated oven and bake until topping is golden, 10-15 minutes. Let pie cool before slicing.
7. Serve with fresh whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
Chef’s note: This also works well with crisp smoked bacon crisps. Drizzle bacon on whip cream and enjoy. The saltiness of the bacon adds a unique depth to this pie.